Following a few travel tips can help even experienced travelers save some money on business or leisure travel.
Here are 10 tips that could save you money:
1. Check for travel rewards from your credit card companies. Many credit cards offer discounts on airlines, hotels, attractions and restaurants. Some cards offer discounts on the actual purchase or you can redeem points for travel, hotels and more.
2. Several organizations such as AAA and AARP offer discounts and rewards for travel. Many people don’t take advantage of these opportunities because they don’t think to check what their membership includes. Some companies also have discounts you can take advantage of through Human Resources or through contractors or vendors.
3. Book your trip during the off-season, especially for Naples, FL and throughout Southwest Florida and other warm weather locations that tend to get busy in the winter. You can often find lower rates and bigger discounts during the summer but the beaches are just as beautiful any time of year. The area will usually be less crowded as well.
4. Find places you would like to stay and sign up for their e-newsletter. They will let you know about special events and discounts throughout the year. The hotel may also have a text messaging program, an app or a loyalty program.
5. When you make your reservation, contact the hotel to see if they have any special packages. They may have partnerships with certain area restaurants or attractions that could help you save money during the trip.
6. Find a hotel you like that is within driving distance for a quick trip. If you have the chance for a long weekend or a last-minute get-away, call the hotel and see if there are any rooms and special offers. If the hotel isn’t full, you may get a deal.
7. On the other hand, booking early is a good idea for planning a vacation. If you wait too long, you may not be able to get a flight or find a room. You can usually save if you plan in advance.
8. If you are taking a trip where you plan to do a lot of sightseeing, consider booking a room without a view, if that’s an option. You will often pay more for waterfront views but how much time do you plan spending in the room? Is it worth it?
9. It never hurts to ask if there are current offers you can use. Whether it’s the airlines, hotels, entertainment or dining, just ask. It may require providing an email address or mobile phone number for discount alerts. There may also be a special offer or discount on their website that you missed or in a magazine or on a website you can use.
10. Booking direct can be great way to save and ensure you are getting what you want. If you find offers for a hotel on another site, go to the hotel’s website or call them to book direct. You can get the best deal and make sure you get the accommodations you want. The same goes for booking hotel flights or buying tickets to local attractions. There are many sites that “sell” or let you book rooms, flights and tickets, but buying directly from the source is usually the best option.
Valentine’s Day gift ideas don’t have to be original but they do have to be romantic. After all, the day is all about love.
If Valentine’s Day gifts cause you angst or you are feeling the pressure this year, try a romantic getaway. There’s nothing wrong with planning a gift you can both enjoy.
The idea of a romantic getaway isn’t a new one and that’s probably with good reason. It’s a gift any loved one can appreciate.
Even if you are one of the more than half of the population that doesn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day, use it as an excuse to take time to slow down and spend time with the person you love.
The biggest reason it’s such a great gift is because it is not just a tangible gift. The bigger value is in how it makes the person feel. You are giving someone your time and undivided attention. It is not just a break from your normal life; it’s a break you can enjoy together.
Spending time together is important in any relationship. We all get busy and tend to take for granted our support systems that help us lead those very busy lives.
Show your partner in life that you appreciate them and surprise them with a few days at the Inn at Pelican Bay in Naples, FL. We’ll do all the work and you take all the credit.
Your romantic getaway doesn’t have to be far away, either. If you live in Naples, FL, you have our boutique hotel in your backyard. However, if you do live in one of the states with big winter storms, you may want to travel to the Florida sun.
Whether you travel near or far, you’ll get to enjoy fine dining and romantic walks on the beach. You can just sit and relax around the pool and let us wait on you.
To take full advantage of your stay and your time together, put down the Smart phones! No checking email, no texting and no work while you are spending quality time together. Reconnect with each other instead of your devices.
Swaying palm trees, and white sandy beaches are sure to make you blush. Planning the perfect romantic weekend in Naples is exactly what you and your honey need this season. The inn at Pelican Bay has you covered for a sophisticated Mediterranean-style retreat, where you instantaneously feel stress-free and taken care of. Gaze out on beautiful lake views from your private balcony and sink into pillow top plush bedding. Our concierge can assist you in planning everything you need for your perfect romantic getaway.
Picture Perfect Beaches
With sunshine streaming year-round, you and your loved one can find your own piece of paradise on the wide stretches of white sandy beaches. The Inn at Pelican Bay offers an exclusive beach buggy for hotel guests. With scheduled trips to Vanderbilt Beach, you can leave the worry of lugging your beach gear behind. Sit back and sunbathe during the day or leave your own footprints in the sand with a romantic sunset stroll. If you’re looking for something a bit more thrill-seeking, try flying high above the pristine Gulf Waters with a Parasailing adventure.
The Naples Princess
The quintessential Naples boating experience. The Naples princess dining yacht leaves from downtown Naples, just 10 miles from our hotel. You can pick a 90-minute lunch cruise or indulge in a two-hour sunset dinner cruise. Parade around the neighborhoods of Naples Bay while soaking in the superior views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Naples Botanical Gardens
The enticing aromas of the Naples Botanical Gardens is sure to sweep you off your feet. The 170-acre Caribbean garden includes a dramatic waterfall with giant lily pads, a natural wetland and a 250 variety Plumeria collection. Sneak away to their traditional re-creation Chattel house recreation or grab a quick bite to eat at their cafe. Only a 15-minute drive from the hotel, Naples Botanical Gardens will be sure to make you stop and smell the roses.
Just 10 miles down the road lies 5th Avenue shopping and dining. With its historic but modern architecture and lush greenery, the palm tree lined paths of 5th Avenue make for a romantic evening stroll. Along with a variety of dining and shopping, 5th Avenue is also home to numerous entertainment options and fun things to do. 5th Avenue is the perfect option to spice up your classic dinner and a movie date night.
The Inn at Pelican Bay is an impeccable spot to host your couples getaway. Contact the Inn at Pelican Bay directly at (239) 597-8777 or click here to book your stay.
Naples, Florida is an excellent winter destination. The warm temperatures and beautiful beaches make it the perfect place to escape from the snow and cold in other locations.
Winter is the busiest time of year to visit Naples, so now is the ideal time to book your trip, before hotel rooms sell out. Whether you're traveling with your significant other, your family, or even just taking off on a solo adventure, you'll enjoy the wide range of relaxing activities that Naples has to offer.
Spend your winter vacation relaxing on the beach in Naples. This charming town has plenty of pristine sand beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. It's also a very popular destination for those who enjoy boating and fishing.
Nature lovers can stroll through the town's zoo, botanical gardens, and many parks. There are also several golf courses and country clubs for those who love their tee time.
Downtown Naples is also known for its stunning architecture and elegant shopping boutiques. 5th Avenue and 3rd Street are popular destinations for shopping. There's also plenty of delicious dining, nightlife, and art galleries where you can get your culture fix.
The Inn at Pelican Bay is an elegant hotel on the north side of Naples. The Inn has recently renovated rooms and offers complimentary breakfast and transportation to the beach. It's a short walk or drive to Vanderbilt Beach and has gorgeously lush surroundings. Other notable amenities include a heated pool and spa, bike rentals, and a 24-hour exercise center.
It's an ideal location for a Christmas or New Year vacation. To get the best prices on hotel rooms, contact the Inn at Pelican Bay directly or click here to book your stay.
You may think the only way to get a good price on a hotel is to go to one of the travel websites you see advertised on television or in videos. However, that usually isn’t the case.
Travel websites and booking websites are fine to search for different places and compare options but when it comes to getting what you want at the best price, go directly to the hotel website. You can search several websites and choose the one that is advertising the best offer but that doesn’t guarantee the best deal. It also won’t ensure you get what you booked.
If you already have a favorite hotel where you plan to travel, call them and ask for the best rate. You can also visit their website. Some hotels offer special online pricing. You may even be able to sign up for an e-newsletter or VIP club to be notified of special offers.
If you need to find a place to stay, you can search travel websites or even just search hotels in the area where you plan to stay. You can read online reviews and find a few places you like. The various travel websites can provide some helpful information as you search for places to stay on your vacation.However, when it comes time to make the reservations, call the hotel or book your reservation directly on their website.
Not only will contacting the hotel directly help you find the best price available, it will also ensure you get the room you booked. You will be guaranteed to get the dates you wanted, the size room and the view. You don’t run the risk of thinking you have a king size bed and then checking in only to find out you have two full-size beds.
No matter how much you travel or where you travel, contact the hotel directly to make sure you get what you want and save money. Click here to book your room at the Inn at Pelican Bay and receive the best available rate.
Inn at pelican bay Travel BlogLearn more about the Inn at Pelican Bay; things to do in Naples, Florida and travel tips.
Invisible App Zone