Inn at pelican bay Travel BlogLearn more about the Inn at Pelican Bay; things to do in Naples, Florida and travel tips.
Invisible App Zone
Following a few travel tips can help even experienced travelers save some money on business or leisure travel.
Here are 10 tips that could save you money:
1. Check for travel rewards from your credit card companies. Many credit cards offer discounts on airlines, hotels, attractions and restaurants. Some cards offer discounts on the actual purchase or you can redeem points for travel, hotels and more.
2. Several organizations such as AAA and AARP offer discounts and rewards for travel. Many people don’t take advantage of these opportunities because they don’t think to check what their membership includes. Some companies also have discounts you can take advantage of through Human Resources or through contractors or vendors.
3. Book your trip during the off-season, especially for Naples, FL and throughout Southwest Florida and other warm weather locations that tend to get busy in the winter. You can often find lower rates and bigger discounts during the summer but the beaches are just as beautiful any time of year. The area will usually be less crowded as well.
4. Find places you would like to stay and sign up for their e-newsletter. They will let you know about special events and discounts throughout the year. The hotel may also have a text messaging program, an app or a loyalty program.
5. When you make your reservation, contact the hotel to see if they have any special packages. They may have partnerships with certain area restaurants or attractions that could help you save money during the trip.
6. Find a hotel you like that is within driving distance for a quick trip. If you have the chance for a long weekend or a last-minute get-away, call the hotel and see if there are any rooms and special offers. If the hotel isn’t full, you may get a deal.
7. On the other hand, booking early is a good idea for planning a vacation. If you wait too long, you may not be able to get a flight or find a room. You can usually save if you plan in advance.
8. If you are taking a trip where you plan to do a lot of sightseeing, consider booking a room without a view, if that’s an option. You will often pay more for waterfront views but how much time do you plan spending in the room? Is it worth it?
9. It never hurts to ask if there are current offers you can use. Whether it’s the airlines, hotels, entertainment or dining, just ask. It may require providing an email address or mobile phone number for discount alerts. There may also be a special offer or discount on their website that you missed or in a magazine or on a website you can use.
10. Booking direct can be great way to save and ensure you are getting what you want. If you find offers for a hotel on another site, go to the hotel’s website or call them to book direct. You can get the best deal and make sure you get the accommodations you want. The same goes for booking hotel flights or buying tickets to local attractions. There are many sites that “sell” or let you book rooms, flights and tickets, but buying directly from the source is usually the best option.